Sunday, November 18, 2018

What a blessing to have kids who will come to your house in the cold of November and burn down the house.  

No Seriously !  We never thought we would ever move from our lovely home, and have collected all the old wood from every project ever done at our home including replacing the fence.  We love our fireplaces YES 2  and burn in them every year,  but you know that little voice in the back of your head that says  save some of that because you might run out before April and you will want that,  or you might need it for summer s'more fires and scout fires and just general let's sit outside tonight and have a fire and watch the starts come out.   

THAT WOOD  That is the wood that we had to get rid of,  and I had stellar boys at my house that started a fire on Thursday and burned until sat. night.   

We had hot dogs and S'mores and laughs and campfire smoke and long talks and learning how to handle a saw and power tools that cut stuff.   It was glorious

Not because of any of those things.  But because I had my family here,  working together,  helping together,  Laughing together,  loving each other.

THAT IS WHAT MADE IT THE BEST

As we approach that day when we will box up the last dish and wrap the last blanket around that last chair and drive away from our home of 34 years, saying goodbye to this old life and hello to a new life,  I find that the boxes full of stuff are not where it's at.   I treasure and cherish each and every moment with my family,  I find that more and more "Stuff"  can go to the thrift stores and less and less is really worth dragging  across the state and paying to store while we wait for our house to be built.  

There is a great line from a play that Denise starred in when we were in High School  "you can't take it with you"
The only thing you can take with you is the love of each relationship that you have developed.  Those with our families here on earth,  and that one with our Father in Heaven.   I have come to the point where I don't want to take it with me,   I just want to take these people whom I love and love to be with,  I want them along for the ride,  I want them to be where I am going,   I want to take you with me !!  

I am so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, for the power of belief,  and faith in my Heavenly Father and His plan for me. 

I wish you all Good Sabbath and hope that you find that what you are taking on your journey is worth it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment